Tuesday, July 21, 2009

MAIKLING KWENTO

Drizzles

It is drizzling. I remembered the story of my twin sister and the guy she loved. It happened way back in 1994…

My sister Quiel loves to travel. She toured the whole country and the whole of Europe. What she liked best was France. She usually tailed with me and her best friend Andrei.

One time in France, she met a guy named Zander who also lived here in England. They officially dated. They returned home. Almost everyday, the two are out for a date. I was left to hang out with Andrei who pays us a visit everyday.

I saw that my sister always laugh whenever she’s with Zander. I know that she’s happy with him. One day, Andrei brought a puppy as a gift for my sister. Gees, I hate dogs. He asked me where Quiel was. I told him that she was out as usual with her boyfriend. Andrei asked me to give the damn dog to Quiel. I refused and reminded him that I don’t like dogs or any kind of animals except perhaps guinea pigs and hamsters and rabbits. We decided to wait for Quiel. We were in the sitting room arguing about animals. It’s very boring, honestly. There was a short silence and I told him that I was going to the library. He said that he would go too. We walked quietly around our vast manor till we reached the library. I looked for the book, Reincarnation Trilogy: Assaults from the Past, which I was reading last night while my companion looked for a book about dogs. I lie down the recliner and started reading an hour passed and I was bored. I stood up and told Andrei that we would play tennis. He obliged. At first, I was winning the match but in the end I lose to him.

We then went back to the sitting room for tea. A boring hour of chit-chat passed. The butler knocked and then come inside the room. He told us that Quiel had arrived I told the butler to tell Quiel that we were in the sitting room waiting for her. The butler obliged. Moments passed the butler came in and said that Quiel won’t come because she didn’t feel well. The butler left politely. I wonder what happened to her. I wonder why she was ill. Andrei suggested that we would just go to her room.

We slowly walked to Quiel’s room. I tried to open the door. It was locked. I knocked at the door. No one answered. I knocked again… I lost my patience. I knocked angrily. Andrei told me to calm down. He showed me a key. It was a key to Quiel’s room. I asked him where he got it. He told me that it was beneath the carpet, under the table. He opened Quiel’s room. I thought no one was inside but then Andrei went to Quiel’s balcony. I followed him and saw that Quiel was there. I asked her what she was feeling. She replied that she was just tired. I told that we would leave. I turned my back from her but Andrei didn’t. He said that Quiel was lying and her eye’s had red color indicating that she had cried. Andrei asked her if she broke up with Zander. I saw tears running from her eyes. She remained silent. I said that silence means yes and left the room. I let the two to talk. My “other half”, as I called Quiel, could only confide her problem and secrets to Andrei. It had been a long heart-to-heart.

I was eating dinner when I saw them again. Quiel was cheerful. They sat down next to me to eat the mouthwatering food that was prepared. After dinner, Andrei bid goodbye. I reminded him of the dog. He went back to the sitting room. When he returned he handed Quiel the dog. Quiel thanked him. Andrei left.

A month passed, it was June. Our birthday would be on the 21st. Yesterday (at that time), Andrei was planning on how to celebrate it. I didn’t bother to listen to him as I usually do. I was busy eating apples - I think – at that time. Last week, Andrei gave Quiel a book on how to take care of dogs. I wonder what I would give to her for our birthday. I wonder if Quiel would like another puppy.

Andrei invited her to go to the park on the 21st. Quiel asked for my permission because we usually spend our birthday together. I told her it was ok with me and I would have a date with Amber my girlfriend. Actually we would spy on them.

On our birthday, Andrei fetched Quiel and they bid goodbye to us. Amber and I went out to follow them. Unfortunately I left my money. I had to run for us to save some time on spying.

We finally arrived at the park. We saw them walking through the park. We walked near them. We saw that Andrei held my sister’s hand then faced her. I saw that the sky was grey. Gees, it would rain. I heard Andrei’s voice.

“Quiel, I would like to tell you something,” he said. “I like you very much… I love you Quiel.” My sister, Amber, and I were stunned by the bold confession. Then, Andrei kissed my sister. It’s just for a while but I seems ages. It began to drizzle. The kiss ended. Quiel was still stunned. She slapped Andrei. Andrei turned his back from my twin. I saw everything in our station. Things moved very fast. Andrei started to walk. It seems that he has nowhere to go.

It was so fast. Andrei was hit by a car. Quiel ran into him. Amber and I ran toward the spot. I Heard my sister said, “I Love You. Don’t leave me.” I saw Andrei cried and then smiled. He said in a faint voice, “I love you too…” Andrei closed his eyes. Quiel tried to wake him but his eyes remained closed. Quiel was hysterical. I checked his pulse. Quiel and Amber looked at me. I shook my head. There was no pulse. I heard a long shout of agony: “Andrei!” The police arrived to investigate…

Quiel was crying on Andrei’s burial. It was raining at that time. It was very hard for m sister. She kept crying on our way home…

A week after the funeral, I decided to check how Quiel was. I want to cheer her up. I knocked at her door but there was no answer. I got the key beneath the carpet. I opened the door. I saw Quiel on the floor unconscious. I called the doctor. He tried to revive Quiel but it was to late…He said that Quiel killed her self. She overdosed herself with sleeping pills. I saw something on Quiel’s clenched fist . It was hher suicide note. I read it.

Billy,

My other half, thanks for all…

I can’t take it anymore…

Take of your self. I love you…

Do not be naughty ok?

William, I really am sorry.

Take care…

Quiel

Ps. I would like to be buried next to Andrei

Clearly, my other half committed suicide. She was buried next to Andrei. It was drizzling during her burial.

I missed Quiel, my other half… Especially when it drizzles…

No comments:

Post a Comment